Thursday, January 30, 2014

More Embossing Paste!

I'm really loving the embossing paste I bought!! I was checking out all the challenges that I follow on Thursdays and 2 of them popped out at me!! I knew I had to use the embossing paste and my chevron stencil!! The Seize the Birthday challenge was to use chevrons and  I liked the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. I used some Post-It paper to mask off a diagonal section of the card base. The embossing paste went on and the mask came off. I'm still getting the hang of the embossing paste, so it didn't turn out as clean as I wanted it to. I guess I need to practice some more!!! :) I then sprayed some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel onto the card front. I'm not liking the way it makes the dry paste look dirty instead of gray. I even took the spray nozzle out and applied the spray by hand. I still think it looks dirty, but it will work. I used my "happy" die to add a pop of color and paired it with some gray alphabet stickers. I thought the white stripe was a little stark, so I dripped the Color Shine onto it.
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp-Cupcake Party
Ink: SU-Island Indigo
Paper: misc. blue, white, and orange
Accessories: Wendy Vecchi-white embossing paste, Heidi Swapp chevron stencil, pop dots, SSS-Happy  die, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Tinsel, Basic Grey-stickers


3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how wonderful! Great take on the sketch!

Nancy said...

Great card....thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday and adding our toppings option!

JoAnn said...

Love your chevrons and the angled sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.