Thursday, January 30, 2014

Embossing Paste

I've been seeing quite a few card makers I like using embossing paste. So, I broke down and bought some to see what the fuss is all about. I LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun to use! I get to control the amount of texture that goes on!!  Now I just need to break down and buy some new stencils...3 of them isn't going to cut it!!!
Here's a card I made using the embossing paste and my Heidi Swapp chevron stencil! I just added the paste to a small section of the card. I wanted a distressed look, so I tried not to smooth it out too much. When it dried, I put the stencil back on and sponged 3 different shades of red ink onto the dry paste and even left some areas white. I love the ombre effect it gives!!
Stamps: SSS-Thinking of You and Cupcake Party
Ink: SU-Poppy Parade, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, and  Midnight Muse; VersaMark
Paper: PTI-Kraft; misc.-white
Accessories: Wendy Vecchi-White Embossing Paste, Heidi Swapp chevron stencil, 3D Foam Squares,  SSS-chipboard arrow, Zing! white embossing powder, Ranger Glossy Accents


No comments: