Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Up in The Air

Well, things are up in the air here for a while. Chris' mom passed away on Thursday, January 22nd. We are very sad but we know she was ready to go. We will be going to to be with the family in the near future. To add insult to injury, Chris's position at PDM was terminated. Officially he was laid off on Monday. We are doing okay, a little nervous, but okay. Thank you Andrea and Chene for all the support. Andrea came up and spent the day with me today, to get my mind off of what happened. I soooooo needed that. I'd been crying too much and I needed a break. Chris does have an interview with a company in Benicia, which is in the Bay Area. He leaves tomorrow morning at 9 for a 1 o'clock interview. Keep your fingers crossed! More info to come. We don't know what will be happening in the next couple of days, but I'll try to post updates.

5 comments:

Liesl Law said...

I'm sorry to hear both of your loss and Chris getting laid off. Mindi is in the Bay area! Good luck with that!

{sara} said...

I am so sorry about your loss....both of them. Although we may not understand things at the time they happen, there is a reason. And, when one door closes, another one always opens.

Katie said...

I'm so sorry. I hope something even better than the last job comes along for you guys.

Natalie said...

Mom called and told me yesterday! Let us know if there is anything we can do....I know probably not much, but we're thinking about you and praying for you guys! Good luck with the interview! Love you guys!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Megan, I am so sorry to hear about this. I can relate to how you are feeling. We went through this 3 times in 2008. All I can tell you is your faith is tested during your times of trial. I know without a doubt that the Lord is real and that he WILL send blessings to you. While praying ask for you to notice/recognize the small blessings that you will recieve. Try to enjoy the time that you have him home. I feel so bad for you and wish I could have more words of encouragment. I know things will work out. They always do! I love you and keep your faith. That is all part of why we are here!