Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Table

So at the beginning of the month, our RS activity was given by the 1st counselor in RS. She is an Interior Designer. She had set up a table and chairs in the cultural hall. She had it all decked out in decorations. She then changed the decorations 4 times to give us some ideas for decorating our tables for the holidays with things that we either have, or that are really inexpensive. The idea is to make the holiday feel special, not just like any other day. So, I decided that I was going to try this. Make Thanksgiving dinner at least look special, since it was just the 5 of us for dinner. ;( Here's my 1st attempt. Total cost: $8

Tall vases-$1 each, Green plates-$1/4, pumpkins and gourds-$.50 each
Had: lemons, candles,ribbon, wine glasses

I took wine glasses, turned them upside down, put lemons in the bottom, and a candle on the top.

I took ribbon and just wound it around the vases, plates, and glasses.
Colors: Rose, Yellow, Olive, and Orange

Not too bad for my 1st attempt. I forgot to get a picture with all of us sitting there!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cute! It looks good! I put a tablecloth on the table and all of the food got put on the table instead of serving it from the stove and countertop! That's as far as I got to decorating! :)